Thursday, September 3, 2009

About me

This is my original post. I am going to be posting these in order from oldest to most recent (instead of recent to oldest).

Okay, I have hit up every single scholarship I can find, and I still can't come up with the money that I need. So I am asking if there is anyone out there with a few extra bucks hanging around. It would be amazing if you could help me out. Let me give you a little background information on myself.

~I graduated from a private Christian school in Manchester, NH as the Salutatorian with a 4.0.
~I attended Gordon College in Wenham, MA my freshman year of college but could not return due to finances.
~I now attend Palm Beach Atlantic University and plan on continuing here until graduation.
~I am studying Pre-Med. I really want to be a anesthesiologist (It is my passion!).
~I have wanted to be a doctor since I can remember.
~I worked 50 hours a week in the summer as a security guard, mainly in Nashua, NH.
~I am in desperate need of college money!
~I absolutely love soccer: I have won several awards for soccer from Total Release, Coaches award, All-State, All-Conference, and Varsity Captain for 2 years.
~I have won several other awards as well: Drama Award, Leadership Award, Student Council Representative, Student Council Treasurer, Most Determined (basketball), Most Improved (baseball) and others.
~I was a volunteer soccer coach for the Merrimack Youth Association in 2008.
~Last year I volunteered for "College Bound", a tutoring/mentoring program for inner city "as risk" children and loved it.

Please, if anyone could help- whether it is 1 dollar or 10,000 dollars, it would be greatly appreciated! And yes, I know this is a stretch, but I am trying to get money for school in every way shape and form and use every resource. Thank you!

To donate money please click here and you can donate with your credit/debit card today:








OR:
Officials at Palm Beach Atlantic University confirmed that checks sent on Corey Walker’s behalf would be deposited into an account strictly for tuition, room and board costs.

Checks can be made out to Palm Beach Atlantic University with a note about intent to support Walker. They can be sent to: Development Office, Palm Beach Atlantic University, P.O. Box 24708, West Palm Beach, FL 33416-4708.



Thank you!
C-W

more posts to come about how school is going.

3 comments:

  1. I saw you request on T V tonight Im not sure why anybody would want to send you money for college. There are many students out there that have taken out loans in their own names and will pay back after college.

    Some have joined the military which will pay for your student loans for a small price of you giving back to this country.

    If one is willing to give you money for college will you repay then once you become a doctor, how about community service if not money.

    Your an out of state student how about moving home and attending a college in state which would be less expensive for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of state tuition is the same cost as in-state tuition since it is a private university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. COREY!!!! Screw Fredette...obv they don't know how hard it is for someone to get money for college...I had to resort to a 9month program for medical assisting instead of going for 4 years for my RN...I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH!!
    So, keep your head up, don't let losers like Fredette get you down...and GOOD LUCK!!!

    Annie Gomez
    (former MZ student and relative of Ms.Becky G)

    ReplyDelete